We’ve all been there: it’s almost 4 p.m., you’re feeling drained but there’s still so much work to do. You may be tempted to reach for yet another cup of coffee to give you that much-needed energy boost.
Of course, there’s nothing wrong with a bit of caffeine magic to help you power through the day, but if you want something that’s more filling and nutritious, we recommend reaching for these energy balls instead.
These grab-and-go bites are loaded with nutrients to help you stave off hunger and stay energized. The best part is, they’re so easy to make too! Try out some of these recipes for a quick pick-me-up whenever your tank is running on empty.
If you want something vegan: Vegan Blueberry Muffin Balls
- Coconut flour - ¼ cup
- Almond flour - 1 ½ cup
- Sweetener of choice
- Vanilla extract - ½ tsp
- Coconut oil - 2 tbsp
- Dried blueberries
- Almond milk - 2 tbsp
- Mix all the ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Once the batter is at a nice and thick consistency, go ahead and shape them into small, bite-sized balls.
- Keep in the fridge for at least half an hour before you eat them to make sure that they are firm enough.
If you want something decadent: No-Fluff Chocolate Truffles
Feeling tired and a bit indulgent? Here’s something that might excite chocoholics out there: an easy-to-follow chocolate truffle recipe that you can whip up for a quick boost of energy.
- Dark chocolate - 150 grams
- Milk - ½ cup
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Maple Syrup - 2 tsp
- Sea Salt - 1 pinch
- Espresso Powder - ¼ tsp
- Cocoa Powder - ¼ cup
- Chop dark chocolate in a container.
- Heat half a cup of milk in a saucepan and then pour it on the chopped chocolate.
- Mix the ingredients together until the chocolate has completely melted and you have a smooth ganache. Let sit for one minute.
- Add in the maple syrup, sea salt, espresso powder to the mixture.
- Chill the ganache for two to three hours or until firm.
- Once chilled, scoop out three tablespoons of ganache and roll it into a ball with your hands.
- Coat the ball with cocoa powder. Eat it right away or store it in the fridge as desired.
If you want something zesty: Lemon-Vanilla Bliss Balls
There’s nothing quite like that sweet and tart combination to give you a jolt of energy. And this recipe doesn’t just taste good, it’s filling too!
- Almonds - ½ cup
- Pitted dates*- ½ cup
- Vanilla protein powder - ¼ cup
- Sea salt - ½ tsp
- Lemon juice - ¼ cup
- Put your almonds in the food processor and grind them until the consistency is nice and crumbly.
- Add in your dates and protein powder and mix.
- Add your lemon juice and sea salt into the mix. Blend the ingredients together until it’s sticky enough to be formed into balls.
- Roll these zesty balls and put them in the fridge for a quick pick-me-up snack the next day (or in a few hours).
If you want something rich in protein: Protein- and Fiber-Rich Peanut Butter Balls
Of course, a list of energy balls recipe will not be complete without one that calls for peanut butter. Try out this recipe if you love peanut butter and want to slather it on just about everything. It’s high-protein, high-fiber, and has the perfect nutty flavor for when you’re craving for something just so.
- Almonds - 1 cup
- Pitted dates - 10 pcs
- Dark cocoa powder - ¼ cup
- All-natural peanut butter - ½ cup
- Maple syrup - 3 tbsp
- Sea salt - ⅛ tsp
- Pour your almonds into a food processor and blend until the consistency is fine and crumbly.
- Pit 10 dates and place them on your food processor with your almonds.
- Add in your peanut butter, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and sea salt next. Turn the food processor setting on high and blend the mixture until it is nice and well-blended.
- Add a bit of water to make the mixture more sticky and easy to roll into a ball.
- Finish rolling the dough and store it in the fridge for up to 2 months.
Getting enough sleep, eating a balanced and nutritious diet, and exercising -- these are the three pillars for a happy and energized day. But sometimes, you may need a little boost. Taking in energy balls is one solution, and adding nutritional supplements to your diet is another. By incorporating these supplements into your daily routine, you can fill in the nutritional gaps that your body uses as fuel for your day-to-day activities. Trio Nutrition is your one-stop shop for premium and trusted supplements. Browse through our selection of supplements to nourish your body today.