We love this recipe for Teriyaki Vegetable Stir Fry from Sonja and Alex, A Couple Cooks.
It's hard to find vegan and vegetarian recipes that are packed full of protein.
This recipe uses tempeh for protein, and ginger to aid digestion.
Ingredients for Teriyaki Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1 recipe homemade teriyaki sauce
- 1 8 ounce package tempeh
- 2 medium heads broccoli
- 3 bell peppers: red, yellow, and green
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, minced
- 5 small green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Kosher salt
- Sesame seeds, for the garnish
- Rice or (soba noodles), to serve
- Make the rice according to How to Cook White Rice, How to Cook Brown Rice, or Instant Pot Rice.
- Make the Homemade Teriyaki Sauce.
- Thinly slice the tempeh into rectangles. Cut the broccoli into florets. Dice the peppers into large chunks. Peel and mince the ginger. Thinly slice the green onion.
- In your largest skillet, heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil over medium high heat. Add the tempeh in a single layer, sprinkle with a few pinches kosher salt, and 2 to 3 minutes per side until lightly browned. Remove from the pan.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil to the same skillet. Add the broccoli and a few pinches kosher salt. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup water and continue to saute; when the water cooks out (about 1 minute), add the ginger, peppers, green onion, and another pinch of kosher salt. Saute until the vegetables are just tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add the tempeh and teriyaki sauce and stir together until everything is coated with sauce. Taste and add a pinch or two of kosher salt as desired. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with rice.
"These pills were very easy to swallow and had no flavor. I have also noticed that I have not craved food as much since taking the pills and my digestion is working great."