Is breakfast the most crucial meal of the day? Well, for those who workout before the rest of their day unfolds, having a great pre-workout breakfast is essential. According to experts, you need the right combination of carbohydrates, fats and protein to sate your hunger, to provide fuel for your workout and to help in your body’s recovery once you’re finished.
While people’s nutritional necessities and preferences vary depending on their goals and activities, experts say that you really don’t need to eat a lot for a workout that will last 60 minutes or less. This is because your body builds muscle and recovers round the clock, and not just at the gym. This makes smart meals like a good, healthy breakfast important as it provides your body with all the essentials nutrients to build muscle, burn off fat and recover quickly.
So, if you’re looking for great breakfast recipes that you can try before your workout, here are three easy-to-do ones that will help get you up and going:
1) Berry fruit and yogurt granola parfait
- Add 3 tablespoons of granola and place berries on top
- Repeat the layers once
- Splotch a teaspoon of yogurt, before sprinkling a little granola on top
2) Hard-boiled egg and avocado toast
- To make a hardboiled egg, you should put an egg in a pot and cover it with cold water by an inch. Over high heat, bring to a boil, then shut off heat, cover pot, and remove from heat. Let the pot sit, covered, for 8 minutes. Scoop out the egg with a slotted spoon and dunk in an ice bath. Proceed to peel off the shell and slice the egg into rounds.
- To assemble the toast, first, you toast then, smash avocado slices onto it using a fork. You can then arrange the slices of hard-boiled egg on top and sprinkle with freshly ground salt and pepper and any other topping of choice.
3) Strawberry parfait with cottage cheese
- Layer 1/4 cup of cereal in a glass or Mason jar
- Add 2 1/2 tablespoons of the cottage cheese mixture
- Add some strawberry slices
- Sprinkle some nuts
- Repeat the process and top off with a layer of strawberries
Eating a healthy breakfast will definitely prepare you for a great workout. Another thing that could help you is by taking proper supplements, which you can get at Trio Nutrition. You can visit their website at http://www.trionutrition.com/ to take a look at their massive catalog of nutritional supplements.