The information in this article and throughout Trio Nutrition’s blog is for informational purposes only, and should never be mistaken for professional medical advice.
Zinc is an essential mineral that plays a vital role in many bodily functions, including:
- Immune function: Zinc helps the body fight off infection by supporting the growth and function of white blood cells.
- Growth, Strength and development: Zinc is essential for growth, strength and development, especially during childhood and adolescence.
- Cell division: Zinc is necessary for cell division and repair.
- Wound healing: Zinc helps wounds heal faster by promoting collagen production.
- Taste and smell: Zinc is necessary for the sense of taste and smell.
- Fertility: Zinc is important for male fertility.
- Pregnancy: Zinc is important for a healthy pregnancy and development of the fetus.
The recommended daily intake (RDI) of zinc for adults is 11 milligrams (mg) for men and 8 mg for women.
Zinc deficiency is common in developing countries, but it is also a problem in the United States. The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) found that about 10% of adults in the United States are zinc deficient.
There are a number of reasons why people in the United States may be zinc deficient, including:
- Poor diet: A diet that is low in zinc-rich foods can lead to a deficiency.
- Malabsorption: Certain medical conditions, such as Crohn's disease and celiac disease, can interfere with zinc absorption.
- Alcoholism: Alcohol can increase the risk of zinc deficiency.
- Medications: Some medications, such as diuretics and antibiotics, can increase the risk of zinc loss.
Zinc deficiency may cause a number of health problems, including:
- Frequent infections: Zinc deficiency can weaken the immune system, making people more susceptible to infection.
- Slow wound healing: Zinc deficiency can slow down the healing process for wounds.
- Loss of taste and smell: Zinc deficiency can cause a loss of taste and smell.
- Male infertility: Zinc deficiency can contribute to male infertility.
- Premature birth: Zinc deficiency in pregnant women can increase the risk of premature birth.
Zinc is an important mineral that is essential for good health. If you are concerned that you may be zinc deficient, talk to your doctor about getting tested. You may also want to consider taking a zinc supplement. Trio Nutrition's Multivitamin Gummies with Zinc offer a comprehensive solution to meet your daily nutritional requirements.
In the United States, here are some of the best natural sources of zinc in the diet:
- Red meat: Red meat is another good source of zinc. A 3-ounce serving of cooked beef, lamb, or pork provides about 5 mg of zinc.
- Chicken: Chicken is a good source of zinc, but it is not as good as red meat. A 3-ounce serving of cooked chicken provides about 3 mg of zinc.
- Fish: Fish is a good source of zinc, but it is not as good as red meat or chicken. A 3-ounce serving of cooked fish provides about 2 mg of zinc.
- Oysters: Oysters are the best source of zinc. A 3-ounce serving of oysters provides 75 mg of zinc, which is more than the RDI for adults.
- Beans: Beans are a good source of zinc, but they are not as good as animal products. A 1-cup serving of cooked beans provides about 1 mg of zinc.
- Whole grains: Whole grains are a good source of zinc, but they are not as good as animal products or beans. A 1-cup serving of cooked whole grains provides about 0.5 mg of zinc.
As adults, we juggle multiple responsibilities and face numerous challenges each day. To keep up with the demands of our fast-paced lives, it's crucial to fuel our bodies with the right nutrients. Trio Nutrition's Adult Multivitamin Gummies with Zinc offer a comprehensive solution to meet your daily nutritional requirements.
As parents, we want nothing more than to see our children thrive. Trio Nutrition's Kids Multivitamins with Zinc are specially designed to support the unique nutritional needs of growing bodies. Trio Nutrition understands that getting kids to take their vitamins can be a challenge. That's why these gummies come in delightful flavors that children will love, making it a treat they'll look forward to every day.
Invest in your health and the well-being of your loved ones by incorporating Trio Nutrition's Multivitamin Gummies into your daily routine. With their comprehensive blend of essential nutrients, including the immune-boosting power of zinc, you'll experience improved vitality and overall well-being. Whether you're an adult seeking optimal health or a parent focused on your child's development, Trio Nutrition's multivitamin gummies with Zinc are the perfect solution. Embrace the goodness of Trio Nutrition and take a tasty step toward a healthier future!