The information in this article and throughout Trio Nutrition’s blog is for informational purposes only, and should never be mistaken for professional medical advice.
Magnesium glycinate, Vitamin K2 and Vitamin D3 are three essential nutrients that play a vital role in overall health and well-being. Each nutrient has its own unique benefits, but when combined, they can offer even greater health benefits.
History of Magnesium Glycinate
In the 1970s, a group of researchers at the University of California, San Francisco, began to study the effects of magnesium glycinate on muscle relaxation. They found that magnesium glycinate may be able to relax muscles without other side effects. This led to the development of magnesium glycinate as a dietary supplement for people with muscle cramps and spasms. Further information on how magnesium glycinate may help relax muscles can be found in the following articles:
- "Magnesium glycinate: A novel approach to muscle relaxation", published in the journal "Current Pharmaceutical Design" in 2006.
- "The effects of magnesium glycinate on muscle relaxation and pain in people with chronic muscle pain", published in the journal "Pain" in 2008.
- "Magnesium glycinate for the treatment of muscle cramps and spasms: A systematic review and meta-analysis", published in the journal "The Cochrane Library" in 2015.
In the 1980s, researchers began to study the effects of magnesium glycinate on sleep. They found that magnesium glycinate may be able to improve sleep quality and reduce the time it took to fall asleep. This led to the development of magnesium glycinate as a dietary supplement for people with insomnia. Further information on how magnesium glycinate may help with insomnia can be found in the following articles:
- "The effect of magnesium supplementation on sleep quality in older adults: A double-blind placebo-controlled trial", published in the journal "Sleep" in 2005.
- "Magnesium supplementation for the treatment of insomnia: A systematic review and meta-analysis", published in the journal "Sleep Medicine Reviews" in 2017.
- "Magnesium for sleep: A narrative review", published in the journal "Nutrients" in 2019.
In the 1990s, researchers began to study the effects of magnesium glycinate on anxiety and depression. They found that magnesium glycinate may be able to reduce anxiety and improve mood. This led to the development of magnesium glycinate as a dietary supplement for people with anxiety and depression.
- "Magnesium for Depression: A Review of the Literature", published in the journal "Nutrients" in 2018.
- "The Role of Magnesium in Anxiety and Depression", published in the journal "Advances in Nutrition" in 2019.
Note that if you are only interested in taking a magnesium supplement then you may want to consider taking Trio Nutrition’s Magnesium Complex with a full 90-day supply per bottle.
History of Vitamin K2
Vitamin K2 was first discovered in 1929 by Danish scientist Henrik Dam. He was studying the blood-clotting process when he noticed that chickens fed a fat-free diet developed a bleeding disorder. He named the newly identified vitamin "Koagulationsvitamin," or coagulation vitamin. Later on, vitamin K was divided into three forms: vitamin K1, found in green leafy vegetables, and vitamin K2, a group of vitamins produced by bacteria and present in fermented foods. Vitamin K3, a synthetic variant, is commonly used in animal feed.
History of Vitamin D3
The recognition of vitamin D3 as a vital nutrient dates back to 1919 when Edward Mellanby investigated the relationship between diet and rickets, a bone disease prevalent in children at the time. Mellanby found that feeding dogs a diet rich in cod liver oil prevented the development of rickets. The term "vitamin D" was coined to refer to this fourth fat-soluble vitamin discovered. Vitamin D3, often referred to as cholecalciferol, is produced by the skin upon exposure to sunlight. It serves numerous functions, including calcium absorption, bone health maintenance, immune function support, muscle function facilitation, and cell growth regulation.
Notably, doctors in Japan often recommend Vitamin K2 and Vitamin D3 for osteoporosis, atherosclerosis, and inflammatory diseases.
The Synergistic Effects of Vitamin K2, D3, and Magnesium Glycinate
When these three nutrients are combined, they can offer a wide range of health benefits, including:
- Improved bone health
- Reduced risk of osteoporosis
- Reduced risk of heart disease
- Boosted immune system
- Improved sleep quality
- Reduced stress levels
Therefore, harnessing the power of Vitamin K2, D3, and Magnesium Glycinate creates a holistic approach to health, enhancing various aspects of our well-being and promoting a vibrant and balanced life.
How to Get the Most Out of Vitamin K2, D3, and Magnesium Glycinate
The best way to get the most out of vitamin K2, D3, and magnesium glycinate is to take a supplement that contains all three nutrients. You can also get these nutrients from food, but it can be difficult to get enough from diet alone. That where Trio Nutrition’s World Famous Magximum comes to the rescue: Trio Nutrition’s Magximum is the world's first magnesium glycinate supplement to also contain Vitamin K2, D3 and MCT Oil Powder - all in a vegetarian capsule.
Here are some natural food sources of vitamin K2, D3, and magnesium:
- Vitamin K2: Fermented foods, such as cheese, yogurt, and sauerkraut
- Vitamin D3: Fatty fish, such as salmon, tuna, and mackerel; egg yolks; and fortified foods, such as milk and orange juice
- Magnesium: Whole grains, leafy green vegetables, nuts, and seeds
The combination of vitamin K2, D3, and magnesium glycinate is a powerful way to improve overall health and well-being. These nutrients work together to support bone health, muscle function, heart health, immune function, and sleep quality. If you are looking for a way to improve your health, consider taking a supplement that contains these three essential nutrients. Trio Nutrition’s World Famous Magximum is the world's first magnesium glycinate supplement to also contain Vitamin K2, D3 and MCT Oil Powder - all in a vegetarian capsule. Try it now with our 60 day risk free money back guarantee.